We respect your right to privacy.
Because we feel your privacy is so important, we are providing this page to describe when and how we collect and use your information. Screaming Bee Inc. will collect only information that is voluntarily provided by the user and undertakes that such information will be kept strictly confidential. Individual information provided to Screaming Bee Inc. will not be sold or made available to a third party except under the following conditions: We may access or disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Screaming Bee Inc. or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Screaming Bee Inc. employees, customers or the public. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Collection of Personal Information
On our Website, we ask for personal information from those who download and/or install our evaluation software. You are not required to provide personal information.
When you place an order with us, we collect information about you, including your name and address. This information is necessary in order for us to process and complete your order.
Product registration information includes the product acquired as well as your name, address, and e-mail address and telephone number. Screaming Bee Inc. has always reserved the right to limit free technical support to registered users. The only way to assure that you will be entitled to free technical support for a product in the future is to register with Screaming Bee Inc..
Beta Test Software
Screaming Bee Inc. may, at its discretion, require that all those who wish to use its pre-release software (beta) to provide Screaming Bee Inc. with their name and e-mail address. Screaming Bee Inc. may also choose to prevent beta versions of its software from installing or running if such information is not provided to us.
Website and FTP site Visits
Screaming Bee Inc. collects general usage information about visitors coming to our Web and FTP sites.
Sometimes our Web and FTP servers collect this general information with the help of cookies. A cookie is a small file that a Website writes to your hard drive when you visit that site. Cookies cannot read information from your hard drive or read information from other cookies. If you turn off cookies in your Web browser, you will still be able to access and browse the Screaming Bee Inc. Web and FTP sites.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect changes in our services and customer feedback. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the last updated date at the bottom of this statement. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how Screaming Bee is protecting your information.
Use of Personal Information
Screaming Bee Inc. may use personal information that it has collected to:
- Provide you with notices of new information that may be of use or interest to you. This may include newsletters, tutorials, Website update notices, or notification on the availability of new products, product updates, maintenance releases, and beta versions of products.
- Warn you of the impending termination of the trial period of evaluation versions of our software.
- Register licensed copies of the product in your name.
- Determine at our discretion your eligibility to receive product support on evaluation versions of our software.
- Survey you (and others) in an attempt to improve our Website, our products, or our business.
- Improve the quality of our Website. Screaming Bee Inc. does not collect information about individual users without their knowledge.
- Help us analyze general traffic patterns throughout our site.
Last Update: May 21, 2013